Theater fans know there's a Broadway show for all occasions. You can read our best bets for date night, girls' night out, and the entire family below - plus, check out the latest and greatest on Broadway!
Planning a special evening out?
- Come From Away - A stirring, inspiring, heartwarming, "big bearhug of a musical." "Come From Away" tells the miraculous story of what happened with 39 planes were diverted to the far-flung town of Gander, Newfoundland in the wake of 9/11. It's uplifting at its core and will definitely spark conversation after the curtain falls.
GIRLS’ NIGHT OUT
Girls just wanna have fun (at the theater). Grab your gal pals and check out these great shows.
- Beautiful: The Carole King Musical - For some good, old-fashioned girl power, check out "Beautiful: The Carole King Musical." Featuring the much-loved music of Carole King ("Natural Woman," "One Fine Day," "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?"), it tells the inspiring story of an equally inspiring woman.
- Waitress - The sweetest show on Broadway, “Waitress” is a delicious blend of original music (courtesy of singer-songwriter Sara Bareilles) and heartwarming story. Add in your girl gang, bake a 350 degrees, and voila - the perfect girls’ night out.
Looking for something the kids (and you) will enjoy?
- Gazillion Bubble Show - If you’re looking for a theatrical experience for the very young, “Gazillion Bubble Show” might be exactly what you need. Show-Score members call the record-breaking bubble extravaganza “enchanting” and “delightful.”
THE LATEST AND GREATEST
New and hot shows on Broadway
- The Latest: Moulin Rouge! - based on the hit film, this pop extravaganza is sporting a spectacular ShowScore of 85 and Critic's Pick from The New York Times.
- The Greatest: Dear Evan Hansen - Winner of the 2017 Tony Award for Best Musical (among more), “Dear Evan Hansen” is still going strong. If you’re planning on seeing this certifiable hit, we recommend bringing tissues along. It hits you in all the feels.
- The Greatest: Hamilton - The highest scoring Broadway show on Show-Score. (Surprise!) With a 97 from over 9,000 members, the hype is definitely real. For tips on how to score those hard-to-come-by tickets, check out our guide to seeing sold out shows.
Finally, do you want to see shows for free? Simply score 6 shows you've seen, and you'll start receiving offers to see shows for free, as part of the Show-Score "Member Night" program.
Producers participate because they want to build buzz for their shows from avid theater-goers, like you. It's free to join, and scoring shows is fun and easy.