Because of the runaway success of our “Member Nights” program, we’ve had to make some changes. These went into effect on November 13, 2018. All of the changes are designed to ensure that the Member Nights program continues to thrive, and remain accessible to as many members as possible.
FIRST, HERE’S WHAT IS NOT CHANGING:
To become eligible for free tickets via the Member Nights program, you simply need to score 6 shows you’ve seen. There are no monthly or annual fees to enjoy the program. If you have scored 6 shows or more, you will continue to receive email invites to shows.
HERE ARE THE CHANGES:
- We’re increasing our $5 ticket fee to an $8 fee. But unlike any other service in NYC, you still do not need to pay a monthly or annual fee to receive offers. We’ve had to raise our processing fees because it costs a lot to run the Member Nights program in a high-quality way.
- We’re changing our cancellation window. Instead of being able to cancel up to 24 hours in advance, now you’ll need to cancel up to 96 hours (4 days) in advance. Too many members were canceling at the last minute, and we were unable to fill those seats in time. As the tickets were generously offered to us by partner theater companies and producers, we need to cut down on this. Plus, cancelling 4 days in advance allows us time to offer the tickets to other theater fans who might want to see the show. As a reminder, no other ticketing service in NYC lets you cancel. At all. In all cases, when you cancel within this allowed time window, you will get your refund in Show-Score credits. If you cancel outside our cancellation window, you will not get a refund.
- In addition, each time you cancel after the deadline, or you don’t attend the show, you will get a “strike.” If you accumulate 2 “strikes” in a 6-month time period, you will stop getting Member Night offers for the next 6 months. At the end of that waiting period, your strikes will be reset to zero. In addition, all members will have their strikes reset to zero every 6 months, so you aren’t stuck.
We’ve had to make these changes because some of our members were really abusing the system -- they were grabbing lots of Member Ticket tickets, and then cancelling at the last minute or not showing up. This behavior hurts other members, because there isn’t enough time to find other buyers, and the theater is left with empty seats. As a result, the theater is understandably reluctant to do more Member Nights, which in turn hurts all of us.
TWO MORE THINGS:
- If Member Nights are really important to you and you want lower processing fees, more time to cancel, and more strikes, then consider upgrading your membership to our $4.99/month or $10.99/month plans. Click here to learn more.
- But to be clear, you do NOT have to pay a monthly fee to get free ticket offers after you score 6 shows. We really want to keep Member Nights as accessible as possible, so that everyone can see more theater! The paid programs are designed for members who want more.