- A quirky, modern exploration of teenage angst, “Be More Chill” has astounded the industry by taking a quirky and modern path to becoming an Off Broadway hit — riding the wave of a cast gone viral. Our members love it with an 89 ShowScore. It’s ALREADY almost sold out, but we snagged seats at a great price.
- If your taste runs toward the fun and unconventional, it’s hard to get more of either than “Say Something Bunny.” Centered around a found amateur audio recording, and boasting a remarkable ShowScore of 88, this multi-media, indie charmer has sold out for 15 months straight. So grab tickets for September while you can, Bunny.
- Known for playing many characters in the TV clone drama “Orphan Black,” Tatiana Maslany now finds herself one of six actors playing the same character in a decidedly non-clone stage drama. Written by the great Tracy Letts, and sporting a terrific cast, “Mary Page Marlowe” runs through August 19th at Second Stage Theater.
- Potter fans know that Tuesday was a certain boy wizard’s birthday. While you could celebrate with the obvious choice of seeing the onstage sequel, savvy theater fans also know that the Boy-Who-Lived himself will soon be back on Broadway. Tickets for “The Lifespan of a Fact,” starring Daniel Radcliffe (and Cherry Jones and Bobby Cannavale) are now on sale. It has a 16-week limited run, so get your tickets now.
- In the “beloved-romance-turned-
Broadway-musical” genre, “Pretty Woman” is now in previews. ICYMI: it stars Samantha Barks (remember her from that little movie musical, “Les Miserables”?) and Andy Karl (our beloved Phil Connors from last season’s “Groundhog Day”) and has a ShowScore of 80 from 53 members.
- Whoopi Goldberg has the beat. We feel confident assigning her review of “Head Over Heels” a ShowScore of 100.
Stay tuned for next week's recommendations of what to see on Broadway and Beyond!