- Wrapping up a remarkable 17-month Off-Broadway run this month with a ShowScore of 83 is master illusionist Derek DelGaudio’s “In & Of Itself.” A mix of storytelling and magic, it offers heady delights as it explores the nature of identity itself.
- Only two weeks left to catch Anika Noni Rose burning up the stage in “Carmen Jones” at CSC. Brantley called it “smashingly effective,” and with a ShowScore of 87, our users clearly agree. Aside from a final benefit performance, the show is sold out through the remainder of its run, but rush tix are available.
- If sheer spectacle is what you fancy, look no further than HERE Arts Center, where legendary puppeteer Basil Twist is reviving his “Symphonie Fantastique,” a wondrous melange made of very eclectic ingredients: abstract puppetry, a virtuosic pianist, and a 1,000 gallon water tank.
- Even the nicest clambakes have to end. “Carousel” announced that it will be closing September 16. If you haven’t seen the Tony-nominated revival yet—or want to take one last ride—go ahead and snag those last few tickets.
- "Gettin’ The Band Back Together" opens on Monday! Right now TodayTix has a great deal for $39 tickets, if you want to be among the first to see the new musical.
- New show alert! “Network,” starring Bryan Cranston, just announced that it will be coming to Broadway in late 2019. It’s hopping across the pond from an award-winning run in London and has a strictly limited engagement. Oh, and it’s directed by none other than Ivo Van Hove.
Stay tuned for next week's recommendations of what to see on Broadway and Beyond!