- MCC’s encore presentation of “School Girls; or, The African Mean Girls Play” started previews last night at the Lucille Lortel. Jocelyn Bioh’s charming barbed comedy was a crowd-pleasing hit in its twice-extended run last year, earning a terrific ShowScore of 86.
- Wheelhouse's revival of the late, great Kurt Vonnegut’s “Happy Birthday, Wanda June” (ShowScore: 81) returns to the stage tomorrow at the Duke. The up-and-coming company’s production of the satirical drama received plaudits for its first staging last spring, including a NYT Critic’s Pick.
- “Daniel’s Husband” was an audience favorite (ShowScore: 84) at Primary Stages last year, and now the drama about a gay couple with radically different views on tying the knot is back for an open-ended run. Show-Score is offering the best deal in town with tickets for just $39!
- With a full five trending new shows on the Great White Way, the new Broadway season is officially heating up! Among the trending, with a remarkable ShowScore of 88, is the thought-provoking drama “American Son,” featuring heavyweights Kerry Washington and Steven Pasquale.
- Loverly things are happening over at Lincoln Center. Laura Benanti is stepping into her “dream role” of Eliza Doolittle in “My Fair Lady” on October 23. You can see it with us on several dates throughout the fall (for 15% - 20% less than the Box Office)!
- If the cold snap has you in the mood for some hygge, snuggle up with some “Frozen” tickets! There are great deals, including Box Office tickets for $58. You can also try your hand at the digital lottery.