1. INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THE PLATFORM
"Personal Information" is information that can be used to identify a specific living person. Typical examples of Personal Information include your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number. Personal Information also includes information that is associated with your Personal Information. "Other Information" is information that is not sufficient to identify a specific person.
This Site collects some Personal Information and Other Information about you. In Section 2, we describe the Personal Information that is collected by the Site, when it is collected and how it is used. In Section 3, we do the same for Other Information.
2. ABOUT PERSONAL INFORMATION
a. The Personal Information We Collect.
We collect Personal Information through the Site when you use the Site and Services, such as when you:
- Provide your email address to register for an account on the Site.
- Volunteer information about yourself to create your optional profile on the Site.
- Contribute reviews or other content to the Site.
- Register for emails, newsletters or other communications through the Site.
- Request information about a product or service.
We may combine Personal Information that you submit on or through the Site with information that we collect from and about you from other sources, offline and online.
b. How We May Use Personal Information.
We use Personal Information to do the following:
- Provide the Services that you request when you use the Site.
- Send you updates and messages that you request.
- Send you administrative information, including information regarding the Site and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- Personalize your experience on the Site by presenting content tailored to you.
- Allow you to send messages to a friend through the Site. By using such functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend's name and email address.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Site, improving our services, and identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
- As we believe appropriate (a) to comply with applicable law and legal process, (b) to enforce our terms and conditions, (c) to protect our operations or those of our affiliates, (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or that of our affiliates, you or others, or (e) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain (these goals, collectively, the "Compliance Purposes").
c. When We May Disclose Personal Information.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as hosting, data analysis, IT infrastructure, IT services, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services to enable them to provide such services.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages on or through the Site.
- To a social media service, like Facebook or Google+, but only if you have registered on the Site using your login to that service.
- By you, on or through the Site. The information and materials that you post or disclose on or through the Site will be viewable by others. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OR DISCLOSURE OF ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE ON OR THROUGH THE PLATFORM.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding).
- As we believe appropriate for Compliance Purposes (defined above).
d. How Long We Retain Personal Information.
e. No Sensitive Information
Do not disclose to us or the Site any Personal Information that would be considered sensitive or that you consider to be sensitive. Examples of sensitive information can include racial or ethnic origin, religious affiliation, political affiliation, and health status.
3. THIRD PARTY PAYMENT PROCESSORS
4. ABOUT OTHER INFORMATION
a. The Other Information We Collect.
Other Information includes:
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Information about how you interact with the Site that is collected, for example, by server log files and App usage reports.
- Other aggregated information.
b. How We May Collect Other Information
We collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
From your browser or device: Standard information is sent by most browsers. This information includes your device type, screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version.
That you volunteer: You may volunteer demographic information, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site.
Through activity reports: Information about how you interact with the Site is collected when you access the Site or use an App, and is used to determine usage levels, diagnose server problems, and operate and maintain the Site.
By aggregating information: We may aggregate information collected from the Site. Aggregated information will not include information that personally identifies you or any other user of the Site.
c. How We May Use and Disclose Other Information.
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose permitted by applicable law. If we are required to treat any element of Other Information as Personal Information, then we may use that information as described in the "Personal Information" section above. If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
5. ABOUT DATA SECURITY
We seek to use reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
6. YOUR CHOICES
a. Your choices regarding messages from us.
We give you choices regarding the messages that you receive from us.
- Site newsletters and alerts. If you have signed up to receive newsletters or alerts from us, you can unsubscribe to a newsletter or alert, or change the frequency of the messages you receive, under the "Settings" tab of your account.
- Marketing-related messages. You may opt out from receiving marketing-related messages from Show-Score either by using the unsubscribe mechanism provided in the message or by emailing us at email@example.com. We do not share your Personal Information with our partners for their marketing purposes unless you give us permission.
- Administrative messages. We may still send administrative messages to you about the Site and its policies, even if you've unsubscribed from our newsletters and opted out of receiving marketing-related messages. You cannot opt out from receiving administrative messages.
b. Your choices regarding cookies.
c. How you can access, change or remove your Personal Information and Posted Content.
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that you have previously provided to us or content you have previously posted on the Site, you may contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. However, we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes. There may also be residual information that will remain in our databases and other records that will not be removed. We are not responsible for changing, removing or suppressing information from the databases of third parties that have previously accessed your information.
7. HOW TO CONTACT US