With Halloween right around the corner, it’s time to start planning your costume. And for all of us theater geeks, what better way to celebrate than by dressing up as a character from a musical? Check out our list of Halloween costumes that are sure to win you all the contests. (Or, at least the ones run by theater people…)
1. Seymour Krelborn from "Little Shop of Horrors"
An excellent choice for the last-minute trick or treater. Grab a sweater vest, pick up a Venus flytrap from your local florist, and wham bam slam - you’re suddenly Seymour!
2. The Phantom from "The Phantom of the Opera"
Phantom masks aren’t hard to come by these days. Add a cape to complete this equal parts spooky and sexy costume.
3. Heather Chandler, Heather Duke, and Heather McNamara from "Heathers: The Musical"
A perfect costume for your friend group…and a great excuse to hit some thrift stores.
4. Carrie from "Carrie: The Musical"
With a plastic crown and a brief shower of some fake blood, you’ve got one show-stopping costume…as long as you’re willing to get a little messy.
5. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde from "Jekyll & Hyde"
This can one of two ways: you and a buddy can dress up like the good doctor and his evil alter-ego…OR you can go the extra mile and play both parts with some strategic stage makeup. Your choice.
6. The Addams Family from "The Addams Family"
Do you have another theater-themed costume in the works? Tell us in the comments and make sure to tag @show_score on Instagram with your most spooktacular costumes.